Friday, October 15, 2010

seven - sounds like broken records playing over

Okays, this one started off well, but lately i haven't been getting any comments :( this story is really starting to develop and there's alot more twists to come, so pleaseeeeee comment and let me know what you think, kays? :)

The house felt more empty everyday without her. The spark she left in here was gone. There was no magic left. I missed her. Everything about her.

I need to get out of this house, do something, see someone.

Go after her, go find her.

I couldn’t, could I?

This girl has the potential to change me. Change my ways. Even though we’re both hot-tempered, physical, and just as blinded by this love, we were meant to be together. We always ended up getting back to each other somehow. It took less than a month to fall for this girl, she had something the other ones didn’t have. It’s been two weeks. I’m tired, I’m fed up, I need her. She keeps me sane, she keeps me in check.

I grabbed a bag, shoved whatever I could into it and grabbed my keys. I got to the airport and bought a last minute flight to Montreal. I didn’t care what it took, I was getting her back.

As I stepped out into the Montreal air, all those memories about playing here came back. What a series that was. What place this is to play. Also the same time I met Julie. It was the reason I met Julie.

I didn’t know where I was going, I didn’t have a place booked. I had no way of knowing where Mike lived. I think this was a bad idea. It could take me weeks…

I took a cab to the nearest hotel and crashed there. I was really surprised at myself for this. I’ve never went above and beyond for a girl. This wasn’t just any girl. This was the girl.

The hotel started to get a little crammed the longer I stayed in it. I needed some air. I grabbed my coat and decided to take a walk around the city. I also grabbed a hat and hid myself as best I could, I didn’t need anyone recognizing me. I didn’t want to die in this city I know that much.

I decided to text her. Maybe I could subtly ask her where she was without letting her know I was here. I don’t even know if she’d respond, or answer if I tried to call. I guess it was worth a shot.

I listened for her to answer. One ring, two rings, three rings--

“Hello?”

“Jules…”

“Uh…Mike…I wasn’t…Hi”

“How are you?”

“Good, how are you?”

“I’m alright” I sighed, “So what are you up to?”

“I’m just grabbing a coffee, taking a walk, you?”

“Same actually” I replied, “Starbuck I assume? Caramel Macchiato?”

“Yah…you actually remember…”

“I do…I remember a lot, I know you better than you think”

“Probably…so why did you call?”

“Wanted to hear your voice…is that okay?”

“Yes…that’s okay…”

I turned the corner and at first I thought I was dreaming, but she looked right at me…phone in hand, coffee in the other. It’s as if my feet were glued to the sidewalk, I froze.

“Mike?” she was suddenly standing about a foot away from me.

“Hi”

“What…why…what are you doing here?” she asked shaking her head, “You’re supposed to be in Philly, why are you in Montreal?”

“I came to get you back…”

“But I thought--I mean…”

“I couldn’t let you go like that. Everything was my fault. My hockey became more important than you. I put myself first. I took my anger out on you. It was all me”

“I have just as bad a temper as you…”

“I know…”

“We would have killed each other”

“I wouldn’t let that happen…”

“It doesn’t mean it wouldn’t” she replied looking down at her feet.

“I wouldn’t let it happen” I repeated, “please, come back home with me. The place is empty without you”

“My heart is empty without you…” she said quietly, “I’m empty without you. As much as it hurts to be with you sometimes, it hurts even more without you”

“Then please…just come back with me…”

“I can’t…not right now”

“Why?”

“Because I’m not ready. I need time to think. We just need some time apart okay?”

“I’m not leaving this city unless it’s with you…”

She just sighed, “Well I guess you’ll be waiting then”

“Fine”

“I need to go Mike, I’ll call you” she brushed past me and I just watched as she turned the corner and out of sight. I really did break her heart didn’t I?

2 comments:

  1. oh dear
    sounds like she doesn't know what she wants.
    typicalll
    loved it ju<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing chapter, can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete