Thursday, November 25, 2010

ten - i'm not falling apart

I woke up, sun gleaming in through the window. I sat up and already started feeling the effects of last night. I just smirked as i thought about it, and chuckled to myself as Mike came out of the washroom.

"What's so funny?" he asked throwing a shirt over his head.

"Nothing" I smiled shaking my head, "Nothing important"

I pulled my phone off the bedside table and saw a text from Cammy. I was gone all night, and he was wondering where I ended up. I replied back:

I'm with Mike

I tossed my phone to the end of the bed and he just smiled, "Okay...so are you coming home with me? Cause like I said I'm not--"

"I'll come" I said, "If you promise me that we're done with this"

"I promise"

"Really promise?"

He just placed a small kiss on my lips, "Really promise"

"Okay...I have to go back to Mike's...and get my stuff"

"You want me to come with you?"

"Um, you should wait outside..."

"If you say so" he shrugged.

I pulled my clothes on from last night and we walked down to Mike's place. I knocked on the door, and my heart already wanted to burst out of my chest. He wasn't going to like this.

"Hey Jules, what--why is he here?" the two of them glared at eachother for a minute until I nudged Cammy.

"I need to get my stuff..." I told him, "I'm going back home..."

"But, Julie I--"

"Don't argue with me, what's done is done"

Mike waited outside and Cammy helped me get my things together. It was silent until I zipped up my bag and set it on the floor, "Why?"

"Why what?" I sighed.

"Why are you going back with him?"

"I love him, you know that"

"You were set on getting over him, what changed your mind?"

"I was with him last night, he changed my mind"

I may have been a bit harsh with my tone, because the look on his face nearly broke my heart, "Mike, you know what happened between us...meant nothing"

He just mumbled something under his breath and looked back up at me, "What was that?" I said.

"It wasn't nothing to me..."

I took a step back and looked at him, "Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, but since you got here, I've felt feelings I shouldn't..."

"Damn it Mike...that's not fair"

"I'm sorry, but it happens!"

I grabbed my bag and moved to the bedroom door, "I need to go"

"Please don't tell me you felt nothing, I know you didn't..."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around, "Don't put words in my mouth!"

"Oh come on Julie! I know you remember it clear as day, it was not nothing!"

I just sighed, "Maybe it wasn't exactly nothing, but you know what? He is the one I love, I don't have feelings for you Mike...I'm sorry" I walked to the front door and shut it behind me. Mike grabbed one of my bags and put it into the taxi he called.

"I'm sorry about that.." I sighed.

"What?"

"The yelling..."

"Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine" I said as he wrapped his arms around me. He just kissed the top of my head and let me into the taxi. As he sat beside me I intertwined my fingers with his and rested my head on his shoulder, "Thank you"

"For what?"

"For not giving up on me"

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good story!
    update soon(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING chapter!! You have to update soon! PLEASE :) !!

    ReplyDelete