Tuesday, September 7, 2010

two - we're running right back, here we go again

June 4th, 2010

I sat on the couch as I saw him come into the apartment. I just smiled and turned my attention back to the paper I was writing. He leaned down across the couch and gently kissed me.

“What was that for?” I smirked.

“I missed you” he shrugged.

“You were only gone for a few hours”

I caught a glimpse of his arm as he pulled away from me, and grabbed it before it was out of reach.

Mike, call me, followed by a number. I looked down at it for a moment and back at him.

“You bastard”

“Julie, I--”

“Don’t try and talk your way out of this one” I snapped, “This time I’m done”

He grabbed my arm, swung me around and threw me up against the wall, “You’re not going anywhere”

“You’re going to make me stay?”

“You don’t want to leave” he whispered.

I pushed him off of me and went into the bedroom and he followed. I grabbed a bag from the closet and started throwing clothes into it.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m leaving you, plain and simple”

He grabbed me, threw me down on the bed and pinned me down, “You’re not going anywhere”

I struggled with him, but it was no use, he was too strong for me.

“I hate you”

“No you don’t”

“Yes I do, I fucking hate you” I snapped.

“Prove it”

All I did was lift my head up and spit in his face. That just made it worse and he slapped me across the face.

“You’re a pig and you’re pathetic!” I just threw all my strength into him and pushed him off of me.

“Fuck this” he replied.

“You know something Mike? You remember when we met? You remember what we were like? I didn’t even know what hit me when I met you, but I liked it. After two weeks we were already in each other’s faces. Now it hasn’t even been two months and were already physically ready to kill each other. I don’t know if I can do this anymore”

I made my way into the living room and sat on the couch. I heard him follow and sit beside me.

“You know I’m going to be gone the next few days?” he said.

“What’s your point?”

“I don’t want you hating me, I don’t want to have to think about that during this game”

“If that’s all you really care about right now, maybe it’s best you just go now”

“Julie, I--” I felt his hand on my back and I jumped up immediately.

“Don’t touch me! You had another woman’s number on your arm, and you expect me to just forgive and forget? I don’t fucking trust you anymore, I don’t even know if I did in the first place. Just go play your fucking hockey and win your damn Stanley Cup because it’s obviously more important than me”

I walked back into the bedroom and shut the door behind me, locking it in the process. I heard his fist bang on it for a few minutes, but I never answered.

I heard my phone on the bedside table and answered it before looking at who it was.

“Hello?”

“Jules?”

“Mike…how’s the offseason treating you?”

“Good, have you been crying?”

“A little”

“Mike again?”

“I’ll be fine, it’ll blow over, it always does”

“Julie, I’m worried about you” he sighed, “You need to end this”

“Don’t start that again Mike”

“Julie…”

“I can’t…”

I just hung up the phone and slowly stood up and opened the door.

“Who was that?” he asked.

“You know who it was” I snapped.

“You give me shit for this” he said pointing at his arm, “and you still talk to him, cry to him--”

“He’s my best friend!” I said shoving him, “I told you that when we met, you’ve known that”

He shoved me back and I slapped him across the face. He grabbed my wrist and threw me up against the wall with all his might. He went to punch me but almost punched through the wall instead.

“Like I said, you’re pathetic” I replied pushing him away from me.

I stood on the other side of the room and I could feel his eyes on me. I stared out the window at nothing. I heard him come up behind me and place his hand on my back, I didn’t jump, I just slowly moved away from him.

“I need some air” he said quietly.

“Fine”

2 comments:

  1. This is really good so far! you should update more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy shit jules, this story is amazing!
    keep going!

    ReplyDelete